- 2014 U.S. Senate Nominee addresses Syrian crisis and refugees
- Dem Write-In Candidate: Dem leadership segregating the vote by gender, race
- In 2016 we need restore free and fair elections, a pure and true vote - not political engineering
- All Lives Matter
- CARLSON V. MCCOLLUM RECORD ON THE TOP ISSUES 2016
- Steve Carlson and Betty McCollum face off on border battles
- How Congress restoring the usury laws to the states will create jobs
- America's Health Care
- Hillary Clinton and the DNC force gender quotas on every state in the union for Philadelphia 2016 nomination
- Independent Candidate Carlson attacks Clinton's gender-quota strategy in 2016 Presidential election
- Race equity under assault in higher education
- The 2016 independent voters awakening - Free and fair elections to clean out big party Congress to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
Star Tribune Voter Guide
Minnesota District 4 U.S. representative
City of residence:
Writer, newspaper editor, consultant; University of Minnesota, 1986; former member, MPIRG, Minnesota Daily publications board, University of Minnesota Senate and CLA Assembly, representative to Board of Regents, etc.; USAF honorable discharge; married. Enjoy reading, sports, music, languages and writing.
No endorsements listed.
Most important issue:
Immediately repeal and replace so-called Affordable Health Care for America act. Republicans say we cannot act until conservatives elect a new President. But we must act, quickly bringing real reform that is pro-life at every stage. Obamacare allows unlimited insurance premium growth! Doctors are limited. The uninsured still won't get access to real health care. It impermissibly takes away control of families' health care, establishing limited, basic standards of care, promoting dependence on the government and policies to withhold healthcare. Obamacare makes as much sense as sub-prime mortgages. It needs to be stopped now.
Candidates were asked to respond to statements on five policy issues. They were given seven options: "Strongly agree", "Somewhat agree", "Have mixed feelings", "Somewhat disagree", "Strongly disagree", "Have no opinion" and "Do not wish to respond."
Congress should repeal the national overhaul of health care.
The federal government should pump more money into the economy to prevent a double-dip recession, even at the risk of further increasing the deficit.
BP should pay all costs associated with the oil spill in the Gulf.
The U.S. should stick to the 2011 schedule to withdraw troops from Afghanistan.
Congress should ban all earmarks until the deficit is under control.